Being on the type of diet that involves no gluten, no wheat, no refined sugar, no diary is fantastic, but also can be tough.
Fantastic because- I am cleansing my body of all the unnatural things that most people react to as an allergy. So removing all the toxic waste and being ‘clean’.
Tough because- I love a biscuit and cake and chocolate. I am sure I’m not the only one.
The best advice I can give, is to surround your self with healthy options and plenty of them!
Enjoy this delicious cake!
130g date puree
4 tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
80g cocoa powder
150g almond flour
4 tbsp agave syrup
1½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cardamom
Tip: You can make your own almond flour simply by blending them in a normal blender. Don’t add any water.
• Steam or boil the beetroot and blend to puree
• Pre-heat the oven to 170 C
• Put baking paper in a baking tin (I normally use a rectangular bread tin).
• In a bowl combine beetroot, date puree, eggs, coconut oil and agave syrup and whisk or blend
• Add ground almonds (almond flour), cocoa powder, cardamom, baking soda and mix will.
• Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. To test that the cake is fully baked insert a fork into the center. When the fork comes out clean, the cake is ready.